Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Coming Of.... Middle-Aged Dating

     Hello again, Friends! I apologize for the hiatus.  My promotion gives me no end of things to do but I hope to be a bit more regular from here on out.

     So. I'm dating.  I have never met a kinder, more fantastic woman.  Why on Earth she gives me the time of day when there are so many other worthy men suitable for her I have no idea.

     But I'm nervous.

     I've been divorced for over 12 years now and I have kids of my own.  I've dated since my divorce but never someone I've cared about so much and who has kids of her own.  This is my first time dating a woman who has kids of her own.

     I met her kids recently and they're great kids.  But I confess to being a bit nervous.  It's important to me that they like me and I think they do, but her divorce is still pretty fresh and she was married much longer than I was.  It's still so raw and new for her three kids, who are either teenaged or close to it, that I'm worried I'll be seen as The Intruder.

     Maybe I'm overthinking it.  And of course it will take time.  Hopefully my experiences as a father will help me with it, and I've been doing lots of research and Googling the subject.

     It is definitely a new and terrifying adventure.  But also a challenge I'm willing to take.

     I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment